Do you need help filing your 2016 income taxes?
This tax season, the Office of Halifax MP Andy Fillmore will host free tax clinics to help constituents file their 2016 income taxes.
Staring March 6th, the tax clinic will be open Mondays and Thursdays, 4:30pm-7:30pm. Drop off services will also be available during regular office hours.
Contact Andy’s office now to sign up for the tax clinic.
902.426.8691 // email@example.com
You are eligible for the tax clinic if your tax situation is not unusually complex (see below) and you meet the following criteria:
Family size: One person
Total family income: Up to $30,000
Family size: One person with dependant(s)
Total family income: Up to $35,000 plus $2,500 per dependant
Family size: Couple
Total family income: Up to $40,000 plus $2,500 per dependant
“Complex tax situation” – guideline:
In general, your tax situation is not complex if you have no income or if your income comes from these sources:
- benefits such as CPP, disability, CCB, EI, social assistance
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation is complex if you:
- are self-employed or have employment expenses
- have business or rental income and expenses
- have capital gains or losses
- file for bankruptcy
- are completing a tax return for a deceased person